FHS Soccer Season Is Over…For Now

FHS Soccer Season Is Over...For Now

Elizabeth Canavan, Staff Writer

Foothill high school’s soccer team season comes to an end. 

Jaret Velazquez Hernandez the soccer captain speaks on how he enjoyed this year. 

“I really enjoyed the season mainly because we won so many games we didn’t lose so many we only lost to the very first and the very last game so I enjoy the season also the teamwork between our teammates was very great,”  Hernandez said. 

Hernandez also says how his fellow seniors did

“I think the years just of us playing each year helped us and mainly try our hardest because most seniors played a lot,” Hernandez said “trying harder this season. And knowing this is probably the best team we’re gonna have in years to come.”

Hernandez talks about how he personally believes they did as a team and how much better they did than in previous years. 

I think the years just of us playing each year helped us and mainly try our hardest because most seniors played a lot, trying harder this season.” Hernandez said.  “And knowing this is probably the best team we’re gonna have in years to come. I feel like I did. Better than all my other seasons honestly. Clearly is obvious.”

Jose Castillo one of the players on the team talks about how much of a difference Covid made this season 

“There were no issues with Covid like affecting us or anything,” Castillo said. “Because like we didn’t even have to wear masks like during games. And the only thing like there was like a time period where a couple of our players are gone and Covid so we had to play a couple players out, but that’s about it”

They all spoke about how much they bonded, here is what Castillo had to say 

Man season was a lot of fun,” Castillo said. “We bonded as a team, a lot. We had a lot of different times to bond outside of just practicing and games. So I feel like our connection was really good. We got close by talking at practice every practice everyone would get to know each other and we all bonded so fast.” 

Oscar Ventura another player on the team talks about their wins and loses 

“I enjoyed this season because we won PVL sadly we lost in the 2nd round of playoffs,” Oscar said 

He also speaks about his own personal wins throughout the season as well as his favorite moment that came with that.

“I did very good as a player I communicate very good moved the ball and scored and pass the ball,” Oscar said. “My favorite event was when we played against Encina at home and I scored 2 goals in I scored in 2 minutes”